Friday, January 4, 2013

Grow Long, Strong Nails: More "Tips" :)


Yesterday I shared the tale of what I learned doesn’t help grow long nails. Today I thought I’d share what I’ve learned that you can do to promote nail growth.

  • Nutrition: Since your nails are a living part of your body it makes since that you need to eat well for your nails to be healthy. Fruits, vegetables and lean meats are always a good choice, growing your nails out or not. J Consider taking a multivitamin. I read the Vitamin B, especially, is good for your nails.
  • Rubber gloves: Don’t soak your nails in water. Any time you will be doing dishes or using cleaners wear rubber gloves to protect your nails. Don’t worry. They make really cute ones with feathers and fur now. J
  • Pamper your nails: Soak your nails in olive oil for 5 minutes then massage your cuticles and nail beds. The oil will moisturize and the massage with stimulate blood flow, therefore encouraging growth. Plus, it will be fun to play spa!
  • Treat your nails as if they were always wet: Ok, let’s get serious. I can’t go around not touching things! I’m a mom of four!
  • Always wear a base coat: Even if you aren’t wearing color. It will act as a strengthener and shield against cracks and flakes. I find that I need to reapply at least everyday.

Hope this helps. Share your tips! Tips, get it? NAIL tips? Tips of your nails? heehee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...