Thursday, January 3, 2013

Growing Long Nails: A Lesson Learned. The Hard Way!

    I’ve recently discovered nail art, so I thought it would be nice to grow my nails out a little. Not dagger long, but enough to make my child-like hands look a little more grown up. dutifully did the research and watched Youtube videos on how to grow long nails. I immediately began to follow the tips. I ate plenty of fruits and vegetable and took a daily vitamin to provide the nutrition my nails needed to grow strong. I faithfully wore my strengthening base coat and even wore gloves when I did the dishes. Yet the craziest thing began to happen. My nails got flakey and brittle. They broke off as soon as they reached the end of my finger and sometimes broke down into the live part of my nail. What was going on???
    Thanks to another Youtuber, Nicholamaria, I figured it out. I was watching her Glossy box un-boxing when she gave me the clue I needed. She had received nail polish strips in her box and had tried them out. Only after three nails she decided she didn’t like them and tried to take them off. They didn’t come off with regular nail polish so she “brought out the big guns:” acetone. That’s when she said she didn’t like to use acetone because it made her nails flakier. I realized that I had just bought a new nail polish remover. Sure enough, when I checked, the first ingredient was acetone. I know, duh, right? Acetone is bad for your nails. Well, I learned that the hard way. Needless to say, I won’t be using that remover any more. (It probably cost more any way! :) I can’t wait for my nails to grow out and be normal again. Don’t make the same mistake I did. Check your remover! 


More tips for growing long nails. Click here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...