Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Losing Weight on a Budget: Part 3: Exercising without spending a dime

It would be easy to spend thousands of dollars on exercise equipment, gym memberships, work out clothing, and other workout equipment. But if you're like me and don't have any money to spend on these things, you can still get a fun, varied workout. Here are some free ideas:
  • Walk. This is common sense, I know, but grab the dog or the kids and go for a walk around the neighborhood. We are lucky enough to have a trail in the woods on our property that we can walk (if it hasn't rained recently.) Right now the temperature where I live in like 7 degrees or something crazy like that, so the walking will have to wait until spring.
  • Exercise with YouTube.  As if I needed another reason to love it, I have recently discovered that there are free, full length workout videos on YouTube! There is so much variety there: classic aerobics, step aerobics, yoga, tae bo, dance, boot camp, you name it. The quality ranges from professional, to someone filming workouts in their home gym. Here are a few channels to check out:
  • Work. Put the "work" in workout. House work and yard work can burn serious calories, plus you get chores done! According to myfitnesspal.com thirty minutes of gardening can burn 220 calories. I like this type of exercise, because I don't fell guilty - like I should be doing something more productive.
Did I miss something? What's your favorite no-cost way to exercise?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...