Thursday, January 9, 2014

Vanity DIY: Before Pictures


Ok, so technically it's a dresser not a vanity, but it will serve as my makeup and hair area. It's in the corner of the dining room. This way I can be with the kids while I'm getting ready for the day. Trust me. You don't want to leave a two year old alone for too long!

The dresser was found in a storage unit that my husband bought at an auction. He only paid $30 for the unit so I didn't feel too bad for keeping it. I'm thinking of painting it white. I may paint the pulls, too. Here's the Pinterest inspiration picture:


Next is the mirror. I was in the very back of the master bath. As you can see, I tried to paint it white a long time ago. The bathroom was too humid for the paint to stick. There's also still masking tape stuck to the glass. I'll clean that off and paint it gold.


 Then there's my plastic drawers for holding my make up and hair stuff. It was full of last year's school books and not being used. It's kind of an eye sore. I may paint it? At the very least, I'll clean it up and take the books out and the labels off.


And last, but not least is a spice rack that was also found in a storage unit that my husband bought. It will be used as a nail polish holder. I plan on painting it and attaching wallpaper to the back as shown in this Pinterest photo:


I'm using wallpaper found in the back of my closet that I never got around to using. It's a floral on a beige background. (See a little of it in the picture of the dresser above.) Not sure what color to paint the spice rack.

I can't wait to show the after pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...