Wednesday, January 29, 2014

ELF Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Sticks Review


Ok, I'll admit it was the packaging that made me want to try these lip gloss sticks. Have you noticed that every drug store brand seem to have something like this? At $2 each, I thought it would be fun to try a few of the colors.

It's funny that they call them lip gloss; they are basically a colored lip balm. They are kind of like Maybelline's Baby Lips, but some of them have glitter.

Although they are like a lip balm, they aren't incredibly moisturizing. They are bold on color though. I was very happy with the color pay off. A little goes a long way.

 I purchased Flirty and Girly, a cool pink with sparkle, and Sangria Starters, a red with brown undertones. The colors on eyeslipsface.com are off. I recommend looking up swatches on Youtube or blogs to help you get a better idea of the colors. Also be aware that some of this are heavily glittered.

The color wears off fairly quickly. It's definitely not a stain.

Overall, the lip gloss sticks are fun, and the colors are pretty. They aren;t my favorite, but for $2 each ($1 each when eyeslipsface.com has a 50% off sale) they are worth trying.

UPDATED: Although I still say these aren't lip glosses, they wear longer and are more moisturizing if you apply them generously. I had been afraid of the color and had put just a little bit on. I'm now excited to try some of the other shades!



Here are the colors that are available.



2 comments:

  1. Even though the colors wear off quickly, it still looks like a great deal for people who would like to try out different colors!

    Linh @ blushology.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! They are such a great price. I found an elf colored lip balm at the Dollar Tree today called Strawberries and Cream that I like a little bit better. It's more moisturizing and smells like strawberries, yum! Gotta love elf! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...